Our programs support the individual needs of each youth. We focus on the interests and strengths of every adolescent to instill a sense of accountability and self-worth.
LPYS believes in restoring our youth’s community connections through meaningful community service, structured family support, and collaboration with volunteers and like-minded organizations in La Plata County.
- DMR LOCALS DAY – JAN 13!!! (1/4/2013) - DMR benefit day - Come out and shred the gnar on January 13, 2013 at Durango Mountain Resort! DMR Benefit Days, a.k.a. Local Days, offer reduced priced lift tickets and all the procedes from that day are donated to a local … Continue reading
- Healthy Kids CO Presentation (10/18/2012) - Come learn about how to help the next generation make healthy choices! On Thursday, October 25th from 5:30-7 pm at the Fairgrounds, La Plata Youth Services and San Juan Basin Health are hosting a presentation of the data collected from … Continue reading
- Apple Days! (10/3/2012) - Next weekend we have a super fun opportunity to get in some community service. Saturday, October 13th, we will need volunteers to run around to farms and yards all over Durango picking and harvesting apples. There’s even a bike brigade! … Continue reading
- 4-Corners Strengthening Families Workshop (9/18/2012) - Join us this Thursday at the Durango Recreation Center!
- BJS Releases 2011 School Crime and Safety Report (4/5/2012) - The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) has released, “Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2011,” a report that provides data on crime and safety at school from the perspective of students, teachers, and principals. It also provides crime and safety … Continue reading