Our programs support the individual needs of each youth. We focus on the interests and strengths of every adolescent to instill a sense of accountability and self-worth.
LPYS believes in restoring our youth’s community connections through meaningful community service, structured family support, and collaboration with volunteers and like-minded organizations in La Plata County.
We accept referral requests from Municipal Court, Police, Sheriff Office, and Durango 9-R, Bayfield, and Ignacio school districts. We also will consider parent referrals.
- LPYS is seeking applicants for Youth Advocates! (6/4/2015) - Do you want to have a positive impact in the lives of youth and families? LPYS is seeking applicants for Youth Advocates. Please visit “Employment Opportunities”, under “About Us”, for more information. We encourage you to apply by Friday, June 12th, as … Continue reading
- Summer is Here Signup Now! (5/25/2015) - Summer is here! Program information and signup materials are available online here. If you are referring an individual to LPYS summer program, please send referral materials to us by June 5th so we can accommodate all youth with transportation needs. … Continue reading
- Steampunk Wipeout Snowdown 2015 (2/11/2015) - The Steampunk Wipeout was a success! La Plata Youth Services contributed the LAZER CORRIDOR obstacle to the event, which brought over 150 participants to a slushy Buckley Park. We hope to contribute next year! This event was put on by … Continue reading
- Office Assistant Needed: SCSEP position available (12/29/2014) - La Plata Youth Services is seeking a Senior Community Service Employment Position to train to perform office assistant duties. If you are 55 years or older, you may qualify! Please download this flyer with more information: SCSEP POSITION Or contact: Judy Campbell: … Continue reading
- Unchain My HEART (12/2/2014) - La Plata Youth Services is proud to announce our fundraising event Unchain My HEART: a multi-media youth art exhibit and silent auction. We will be holding this event on February 13th at Open Shutter Gallery. All submissions by youth artists … Continue reading