Our programs support the individual needs of each youth. We focus on the interests and strengths of every adolescent to instill a sense of accountability and self-worth.
LPYS believes in restoring our youth’s community connections through meaningful community service, structured family support, and collaboration with volunteers and like-minded organizations in La Plata County.
We accept referral requests from Municipal Court, Police, Sheriff Office, and Durango 9-R, Bayfield, and Ignacio school districts. We also will consider parent referrals.
“From my experience in youth services, I have learned that if I stay on the right path and achieve my goals I set for myself I will live a better life and become a better person.”
- Upcoming Parent Support Group (11/29/2017) - On December 4th LPYS will be holding a parent support group in our office. This meeting will be facilitated by our Youth & Family Specialist Stephanie Smith, and feature guest speaker Pat Senecal from Celebrating Healthy Communities. This month’s topic … Continue reading
- Upcoming Art Workshops (11/29/2017) - LPYS has collaborated with The Durango Arts Center to facilitate a series of art workshops for youth ages 6-17. The next workshop will be held on December 16th in the Durango Arts Center’s Education Room. Youth who attend these workshops … Continue reading
- Restorative Justice Facilitators WANTED (7/21/2016) - Contracted Facilitators WANTED: DURANGO, CO 81301 La Plata Youth Services is looking for experienced restorative justice facilitators. This contracted position will entail facilitating pre-conferences and conferences for a total of $200.00 per case completion. All other prep and follow up … Continue reading
- Restorative Justice coming to Durango Schools (5/23/2016) - Check out this article about restorative justice in Durango schools. Bravo to Miller Middle, Big Picture High, and Animas High! We applaud you.
- Office Assistant Needed (12/11/2015) - LPYS is seeking and individual to participate in the Senior Community Service Employment Program Contact Judy Campbell (970) 385-3995 to apply! firstname.lastname@example.org