La Plata Youth Services (LPYS) promotes positive youth development and encourages community engagement among youth at risk of becoming involved in the justice system.
Our programs support the individual needs of each youth. We focus on the interests and strengths of every adolescent to instill a sense of accountability and self-worth.
LPYS believes in restoring our youth’s community connections through meaningful community service, structured family support, and collaboration with volunteers and like-minded organizations in La Plata County.
“From my experience in youth services, I have learned that if I stay on the right path and achieve my goals I set for myself I will live a better life and become a better person.”
- Upcoming Parent Support Group (2/22/2018) - Next week, LPYS’s Youth and Family Specialist, Stephanie Smith will be holding a Parent Support Group in our office at 2490 Main Ave. If you have any questions or would like to join the group, please contact Stephanie Smith at … Continue reading
- Restorative Justice coming to Durango Schools (5/23/2016) - Check out this article about restorative justice in Durango schools. Bravo to Miller Middle, Big Picture High, and Animas High! We applaud you.
- Training Opportunity (12/3/2015) - La Plata Youth Services will be hosting a training event for Motivational Interviewing Check out the MI page for full details!
- Unchain My HeART Upcoming Workshops (12/1/2015) - Art Workshops are starting soon! Dec. 9th * Decoupage/Collage Work * 4-7pm * Open Shutter Gallery Dec. 16th * Smartphone Photography * 4-7pm * Open Shutter Gallery Email email@example.com or call (970) 385-4440 ext. 22 to reserve your spot. Stay … Continue reading
- Festival Of Trees (11/16/2015) - Community Connections is hosting the Festival of Trees and you can be an honorable volunteer December 4, 5, 6 and 11, 12, 13 1:00 – 6:00pm Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 385-4440 ext. 22 for volunteer positions 2015 Festival of … Continue reading