Our programs support the individual needs of each youth. We focus on the interests and strengths of every adolescent to instill a sense of accountability and self-worth.
LPYS believes in restoring our youth’s community connections through meaningful community service, structured family support, and collaboration with volunteers and like-minded organizations in La Plata County.
We accept referral requests from Municipal Court, Police, Sheriff Office, and Durango 9-R, Bayfield, and Ignacio school districts. We also will consider parent referrals.
- July-August Summer Newsletter (8/21/2014) - Below is a link to our final summer newsletter. Thank you to all who participated and made this summer great! LPYS July-August 2014 Program Update_Summer Program
- Anschutz Challenge Grant (7/3/2014) - La Plata Youth Services is pleased to announce that the Anschutz Family Foundation has issued us a challenge grant in the amount of $5,000. This grant will go towards supporting services including assessment, case management, mediation, mentoring, tutoring, parent classes, and therapy. … Continue reading
- iClean Durango (6/17/2014) - Two of our Youth Advocates volunteered time to keeping Durango clean and helped spread mulch during iClean Durango, sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce! Just look at these go-getters!
- Summer is Here! (5/20/2014) - This year La Plata Youth Services has a summer program that will keep youth engaged, mindful, and active. We have developed a program that runs an experiential education outing at the beginning of the week, and follows up with a … Continue reading
- Youth Facing Health Challenges (5/13/2014) - The Peer Mentors Project is a youth leadership initiative. Local youth who live with a variety of … Continue reading