Our programs support the individual needs of each youth. We focus on the interests and strengths of every adolescent to instill a sense of accountability and self-worth.
LPYS believes in restoring our youth’s community connections through meaningful community service, structured family support, and collaboration with volunteers and like-minded organizations in La Plata County.
We accept referral requests from Municipal Court, Police, Sheriff Office, and Durango 9-R, Bayfield, and Ignacio school districts. We also will consider parent referrals.
“From my experience in youth services, I have learned that if I stay on the right path and achieve my goals I set for myself I will live a better life and become a better person.”
- Upcoming Parent Support Group (2/22/2018) - Next week, LPYS’s Youth and Family Specialist, Stephanie Smith will be holding a Parent Support Group in our office at 2490 Main Ave. If you have any questions or would like to join the group, please contact Stephanie Smith at … Continue reading
- Restorative Justice coming to Durango Schools (5/23/2016) - Check out this article about restorative justice in Durango schools. Bravo to Miller Middle, Big Picture High, and Animas High! We applaud you.
- Training Opportunity (12/3/2015) - La Plata Youth Services will be hosting a training event for Motivational Interviewing Check out the MI page for full details!
- Unchain My HeART Upcoming Workshops (12/1/2015) - Art Workshops are starting soon! Dec. 9th * Decoupage/Collage Work * 4-7pm * Open Shutter Gallery Dec. 16th * Smartphone Photography * 4-7pm * Open Shutter Gallery Email email@example.com or call (970) 385-4440 ext. 22 to reserve your spot. Stay … Continue reading
- Festival Of Trees (11/16/2015) - Community Connections is hosting the Festival of Trees and you can be an honorable volunteer December 4, 5, 6 and 11, 12, 13 1:00 – 6:00pm Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 385-4440 ext. 22 for volunteer positions 2015 Festival of … Continue reading