La Plata Youth Services (LPYS) supports and advocates for youth facing challenges in school, home, or court.
All of our programs and services are geared toward improving supports and resources for youth, increasing assets and protective factors and reducing the number of youth who enter the juvenile justice system.
Youth are referred to LPYS by schools, law enforcement agencies, and the courts. We manage all juvenile diversion cases for the courts, including truancy cases for participating schools in La Plata County, coordinate court and school-based restorative practices and programs, plus we form partnerships with the La Plata County Regional Collaborative Management Program, providing a series of client-centered, community-based programs.
During summer months, LPYS offers a positive youth engagement program for middle school students. We are expanding our programming to include interested high school students in 2019.
“From my experience in youth services, I have learned that if I stay on the right path and achieve my goals I set for myself I will live a better life and become a better person.”
In 2017-18, LPYS reached 651 students through truancy and court diversion services, with restorative justice, and through our partnership with the LPC Regional Collaborative Management Program.
View our 2017 ANNUAL REPORT
Interested in Employment? Click Here
EL POMAR FOUNDATION AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE Recipient
In October 2018, La Plata Youth Services was one of 4 nonprofit organizations to receive the El Pomar Foundation Awards of Excellence. The Awards for Excellence program recognizes outstanding Colorado nonprofit organizations by presenting them with grant dollars for their impressive work to support the people of Colorado.
- NOW HIRING: School-based Restorative Practices Facilitator- Durango High School (7/30/2019) - School-Based Restorative Practices Facilitator for Secondary School (Salaried, Exempt) Reports to: La Plata Youth Services LPYS Restorative Justice Program Manager (Direct Supervisor) and School Designated Point-Person. Responsibilities: Collaborate with restorative facilitator team to develop resources, tools, activities, and strategies to … Continue reading
- Register for the 5th Annual 5-K Animas Splash & Dash! (7/29/2019) -
- AmeriCorps VISTA position open! (7/22/2019) - Would you like to be a member of our team and serve through AmeriCorps VISTA? Earn education financial support while contributing to our team supporting youth in La Plata County. Position open until filled. Primary duties include: 1) work with … Continue reading
- Youth Creates PowerPoint Presentation — the Facts on Vaping (1/14/2019) - Recently, a youth working with La Plata Youth Services put together this informative PowerPoint on the facts and risks associated with teen vape use. We are proud to share the information, and grateful for their hard work putting this information … Continue reading
- Request for Proposals (RFP) for Strategic Planning Consultant (1/10/2019) - La Plata Youth Services is seeking an experienced strategic planning consultant to facilitate a participatory planning process that will create a three-year strategic plan for the organization. Deadline: January 18, 2019 COB. For full RFP, please visit: http://www.lpys.org/about-lpys/employment-opportunities/